Gibbons Family Medicine Values
We view quality patient care to be medical practice in which:
- The overall goal is to help patients be as independent and functional effectively as possible.
- Value is placed on the whole person.
- Patients’ perspectives brought from their respective family and community are an important factor in the health care process.
- Health care is affordable, readily accessible and designed to provide continuity over time.
- Health care addresses the majority of health problems across all ages, sexes, races, social and ethnic groups.
Patients’ care is coordinated outside the immediate practice by linking patients’ needs with community resources, by incorporating professionals from other disciplines into patients’ care and by acting as advocates for patients in the health care system.
Innovations and technological advances in medicine are incorporated into patients’ health care when it is appropriate to do so.